Sunday, August 18, 2013

UNDERWATER POET


I saw

the sighs in her lungs
when she held out words
of sounds that came out
as vowels never spoken.
I'd like to take you dancing
one night
since the vowels will turn
into words underwater
because from you
the poem will sound beautiful

I saw

the red ribbons flowing
beneath the light of her eyes
I noticed
they glowed like sea moths
trapped inside a glass jar.
when she reached for a word
sea plants bloomed around her
like the ocean would do
when spoken to

but she never noticed me

8 comments:

Steve E said...

No, I sppose she was in another world by that time...But YOU SAW HER, and wrote this piece. Thank you.

mindlovemisery said...

This is divine and otherworldly I love it!

Helena said...

I'm in underwater awe! Lovely piece!

irene said...

the sighs in her lungs
when she held out words
of sounds that came out
as vowels never spoken.

Beautiful poem Wayne.

Lucy Westenra said...

A fine effort.

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Unrequited love sure makes for great poetry.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Beautiful words.

(Hopefully she will notice you soon.)
Anna :o]

Carrie Van Horn said...

That last line is stunning....a beautiful write indeed!!!