Wednesday, February 19, 2014

BROTHERS


                                                                 photo by Sportsnet

                                                      BROTHERS

more than blood we share
he is my medal
my rock
my friend
my brother

in times of need
cheers me up
when I'm down
my medal
my brother

during the journey
often challenging
and discouraging
he is my rock
my brother

in times when just showing up
is difficult
when tired
he speaks with his eyes
don't quit brother

in times when losing
he keeps me humble
showing me the ability
to overcome
he aint heavy.....he's my brother


note...Alex won gold for Canada in moguls 2010 Vancouver and gold in Sochi
          brother Frederik who lives with cerebral palsy....  is just an all around champion

14 comments:

Gabriella said...

Whoever you are, a brother is a brother! Great example of brotherly love.

rallentanda said...

He sure is a champ...they are both champs. Check out the smile on his face....just Darling!Very compassionate and insightful poem Wayne !

Brian Miller said...

smiles...its a beautiful thing to see them close...and that one brother can use the stage to help another as well...

Mary said...

Wayne, how nice to see you again! This is a beautifully heart-warming story. There is more than one kind of champion, and both of these men are gold medalists!

Myrna R. said...

So nice that he has a golden brother. He is always a winner regardless.

Donna Smith said...

Amazing stories of adversity and courage in these athletes!

Wendy Bourke said...

A very uplifting poem. I have three sons (two of them twins – very different twins) and, it’s true, brothers share a special bond. They’ve got each other’s back – for life.

Peggy said...

Wonderful photo and beautiful poem. Two champions for sure.

SaraV said...

Wayne,I loved this, got to see that win and the all out bliss of his brother. Both champions. Wonderful meter and words in your poem:-)

Helen said...

I could not agree more! Awarding you a gold medal!

Laurie Kolp said...

Aww... this is what's it's all about.

Robyn Greenhouse said...

This was one of those amazing stories you hear about during the Olympics. I can understand why this would inspire you!

Nicholas V said...

Moving tribute to a worthy recipient!

~T~ said...

Sweet!